Saturday, March 1, 2014

Top Reads

I live with a family of bookworms (myself included).  This is awesome, aside from the fact we no longer have space on our bookshelves for all of our books.  Due to space limitations we have all gone electronic and are now collecting our libraries on our devices.  In some ways I love this (because I HATE clutter) but on the other hand there is just some nice about reading an actual book.  What is your preference?

To create a balance we do still take trips to the local library plus, this helps with the money side of it too... Reading as a hobby can get expensive!

Anyway long story short, a friend inspired me and last August I started a book club.  It has been such an awesome experience because I have read several things I would never have picked on my own, but have enjoyed them thoroughly.  This got me thinking... What are my personal favorites?

SO....., I decided to put together a list of some of my own personal favorite books to read.  This list of books is a combo of ones that truly make you think about life, are pure brain candy, and one or two suspense.

My Movers and Shakers
(in no particular order)

Redeeming Love


Life Expectancy



The Total Money Makeover



The Proverbs 31 project




Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back




The Husbands Secret



Battle Hymn of a Tiger Mom




A Stolen Life



Me Before You




The Girl with the Pearl Earring




Honestly there are about a million more I could add but these were the few that popped into my head immediately.

As I mentioned earlier my whole family loves to read.


Here is my daughter's current reads (4th grade)

  • The Fablehaven Series
  • The Aragon Series
  • The Percy Jackson Series
  • The Hunger Games
  • The Beautiful Creatures Series

(Can you tell she gets sucked into series?)

Here is my son's current favorite bedtime reads (22 months)

  • Sung as a Bug
  • Farm Animals
  • The very hungry Caterpillar
  • The Kissing Hand
  • Where's Spot
  • Big Green Monster

(He LOVES animals!)


Have a personal favorite that has really touched you?... Please share!  My list of TO READ is ongoing and I love hearing a new perspective.  Also I'm always looking for good books to share and read with my kids.  That's the daytime teacher side of me.  :)

Happy Reading and Remember:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive