Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Big Picture

So the first project that I want to complete is my master bedroom.

We moved into our house about 6 months ago and have been completely preoccupied with life.  You know the saying "Life Happens"?  Well it does in most places except in my master bedroom.  That place is dull and blah!!  I figure I will start this blogging adventure out with a bang and go big by making that my first mission......

So to give you a visual image of my bedroom currently here is how I would describe it:

  • Bland
  • Blah
  • Boring
  • Dull
  • Naked- (and not in a good way!.... we have no window coverings, literally NONE!!  My neighbors can walk by and peek in... not so cool for a variety of reasons, you can only imagine.)


Now to give you a visual of how my dream Master Suite will hopefully be described at the end of this voyage:

  • Peaceful
  • Calming
  • Serene
  • Elegant
  • Classy
  • Stylish
  • Cozy


I realize this list is very high hopes but if I can have even one or two of those words float across my brain as I enter my room daily, I will feel like it was a successful project.

So you say "Great idea!  Mrs. Night Owl let's get started DIYing away and make a masterpiece."  Here's the deal, this goal is about a gazillion million little projects within my bedroom.  Ok, I'm over-exaggerating but you get the idea, right?  I need to break it up so it is manageable or I will be overwhelmed and under productive.  If I don't break it into bite size pieces I will want to lay down and take a nap (what I usually enjoy most when I am overwhelmed and stressed out) instead of digging in and starting to beautify my room.  Mission Master Suite will birth several or more projects over the next month or so.  (Let's just hope it isn't as painful or messy as real childbirth....)

Have a master suite you are proud to display?  Please send ideas and/or suggestions my way... I would love to hear, post, and see your stories of tackling this size of a project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive